September 19, 2014
News from the field
There are several new opportunities at NSF of interest to our communities. Feel free to forward this!
1. Dear Colleague Letter: International Collaboration Opportunities related to the NSF Investments in Understanding the Brain: http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf14082
2. I/UCRCS in Areas Relevant to the Forensic Sciences. http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf14066 and Forensic Science: Opportunity for Breakthroughs in Fundamental and Basic Research and Education.http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf13120
Note that many areas are relevant to forensics (e.g. Vision sciences; perceptual expertise, etc.) but not many of our investigators have made the connection.
3. Stimulating Research Related to the Science of Broadening Participation. http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf14038
4. Stimulating Integrative Research in Computational Cognition. http://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2014/nsf14019/nsf14019.jsp
5. Interdisciplinary Behavioral and Social Sciences (IBSS) Competition. http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=504832
And last, but certainly not least:
6. Integrated NSF Support Promoting Interdisciplinary Research and Education (INSPIRE) http://www.nsf.gov/publications/pub_summ.jsp?ods_key=nsf14106
Keep checking nsf.gov for more announcements relevant to our communities.