The Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Sciences (FABBS) is a coalition of scientific societies, including the Psychonomic Society, that share an interest in advancing the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior. The FABBS Foundation, our sister organization, works to advance the public’s understanding of the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior by making research findings widely available and accessible to public audiences, teachers, and young people.
FABBS recently held its annual meeting and would like to share the highlights with you as a member of the Psychonomic Society. Among the benefits of FABBS are:
- Our 2013 year in review, including details of our advocacy work
- FABBS and FABBS Foundation News (sign up here)
- FABBS and FABBS Foundation Social Media (Twitter: @FABBS and @FABBSFoundation and FacebookFABBS and FABBS Foundation)
- Features of member societies’ early career and eminent, senior scientists
- New in 2014, our policy journal – Policy Insights in Behavioral & Brain Sciences, edited by incoming President Susan Fiske, to be published by SAGE. Each year a different cluster of member societies will collaborate to highlight the policy relevance of their members’ research. As an introductory special, the journal will be available online free to new subscribers the first year.
We want to hear from you about the great work the Psychonomic Society is doing -- and to make sure you know what we are doing for you!
Please contact Chris Cameron, interim executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.