J. Frank Yates Student Travel Award
Supporting diversity & inclusion in cognitive science
Deadline: May 15, 2017
Each year, the Psychonomic Society will give up to 5 J. Frank Yates Student Travel Awards for graduate student members of the Society who are in underrepresented populations. Each Awardee will receive a travel stipend of $1,000.
General Rules for Applying
- Graduate student members of the Psychonomic Society may apply for a travel award. All Student Members whose dues are paid by 12 midnight EDT on May 12 are eligible to apply for the J. Frank Yates Student Travel Award.
- Applicants must be the first author and presenter of a poster submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- Applicants submit a sponsored Psychonomic Society abstract AND application for the J. Frank Yates Student Travel Award by May 15.
- Applications must include:
- Research summary (1,000 words + figure + references) that includes how the research fits into the “big picture.”
- Summary must be written by the applicant.
- Letter of support from the student’s advisor (advisor need not be a Psychonomic Society member).
- Recipients are not eligible for the award in the following year’s competition.
- Competitive Travel Award ($1,000 USD).
- Special notation in the Abstract Book indicating the honor.
- Honor that can be listed on the student’s vita.
About J. Frank Yates
J. Frank Yates’ current research activity includes judgment and decision processes (including special emphases on cross-cultural variations), decision aiding, judgment analysis, decision management, improving judgment accuracy (including via crowd sourcing), affective forecasting, and applications of cognitive psychology.