The Psychonomic Society’s 2016 Annual Meeting will take place in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Founded in 1630, Boston is one of the oldest and most historic cities in the USA, offering exciting opportunities for shopping, culture, sightseeing, restaurants, and sports. You will discover Boston to be a vibrant blend of rich history and international sophistication; its renowned literary and educational culture influenced by more than 95 world-class universities, colleges, and hospitals.
- Location: The Sheraton Boston is centrally located in the historic Boston Back Bay neighborhood, graced by its charming avenues and Victorian brick bowfronts. Just steps away are landmarks such the Boston Public Library, the Commonwealth Avenue Mall, Trinity Church, Old South Church, the magnificent architecture of Copley Square, and more. Amtrak and MBTA stops are close, convenient for those traveling by train or subway. For more information about Boston, please click here.
- Shopping: Shop luxury retailers at the adjacent Copley Place Mall or The Shops at Prudential Center, or browse the famous upscale boutiques of Newbury Street just a few blocks away. Complete your Boston experience by visiting the city's famed Faneuil Hall Marketplace to find over 100 local, regional and international shops and artisan pushcarts. For more information about shopping in Boston, please click here.
- Arts and Culture: There are over 40 museums in the greater Boston area, and the city is the home to time-honored institutions such as the Boston Symphony Orchestra and the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. The Boston Theater District is close by, along with numerous lively art galleries and music venues.
- Food & Drink: Acclaimed for more than just its historic Tea Party and famous chowder, Boston offers an exciting restaurant scene, showcasing not only local New England fare, but also everything from international/ethnic variety to sophisticated gourmet. Close by are two treasured American watering-holes: the USA’s oldest tavern, the Bell in Hand, and one of its most famous bars: Cheers. For more information about dining out in Boston, please click here.
- Adventure: Boston is one of the most walkable cities in the USA, and walking tour maps are available at http://www.walkboston.org/. Take a costumed guided tour of the 2.5 mile Freedom Trail, featuring 16 historical sites, or trace the Boston Black Heritage Trail. Explore downtown and the famous Boston wharfs, stroll the Charles River Esplanade, or visit Chinatown. If you forget your walking shoes, there are Boston Trolley Tours! For more information about adventure in Boston, please click here.