Spring 2018 Class Application Deadline: March 1
Established by the Psychonomic Society Governing Board in 2014, the Fellows program recognizes members who demonstrate clear evidence of independent scholarship, active engagement in methodologically rigorous and theoretically interesting high level research, and indications of an imminent national/international reputation for excellence in the psychological sciences. Fellows shall be persons who have demonstrated that they are well qualified to conduct and to supervise scientific research in psychology or allied sciences.
Eligibility & Application Requirements
Before you start the submission process, please carefully review the following guidelines for submitting a Fellow nomination:
Consider Diversity: To increase diversity among Fellows, the Governing Board strongly encourages applications from women, members of underrepresented groups, as well as geographical locations.
- Must have a PhD or equivalent. Must have published significant, peer-reviewed research beyond the doctoral dissertation.
- Must be actively involved in independent scientific research in psychology or allied sciences.
- Typically will have at least 3 or more year’s post-PhD experience.
- Will usually have at least six recent research publications in high-quality refereed journals in addition to publications resulting from the PhD. Several of these publications must be first-authored.
- Self-nominations are accepted.
- Must submit a curriculum vitae. List the candidate’s (1) name, (2) mailing and email address, (3) history of employment, (4) degrees, (5) research experience, (6) honors, (7) memberships, and (8) service to the field through committee work, advisory boards, editorial boards, etc.
- Must read and agree to follow the PS Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Must obtain a recommendation for Fellowship by a current Fellow of the Society.
Please contact us with questions on Fellow application process.
- An active Psychonomic Society membership is required.
Fellow status in the Psychonomic Society is required.
- Supporter letter on letterhead stationary is preferred.
- Supporter's name, title, institution, and contact information are required.
- Diverse supporters (i.e. individuals who are not currently/recently associated with the nominee’s institution) are strongly encouraged.
- Free registration to the Annual Meeting
- Fellow submissions to the Annual Meeting receive the highest priority for acceptance as spoken presentations
- Eligible to submit nominations for Psychonomic Society awards, including:
- Early Career Award
- Select-Speaker Award (self-nominations encouraged)
- Eligible to submit proposals for a Leading Edge Workshop
- Eligible to submit proposals for a Collaborative Symposium
- Eligible to participate in the annual election process by providing nominations for Governing Board candidates, and by voting for candidates
- Free online access to the seven Psychonomic Society Journals
- Access to the searchable, online Member Directory
- You may add FPsyS as an acronym to your e-signature
- The Chair of the Fellows Committee, as well as two additional members of the Governing Board, are appointed by Chair of the Governing Board for a one year term on the committee.
- Fellows nominations (self-nominations are permitted) can be made by any Psychonomic Society member (Member, Fellow, or Emeritus categories) in good standing by the March 1 and September 1 nominations deadlines via the website. Graduate students are not eligible.
- The Fellows Committee members review each nomination and make their recommendation to the Chair who then forwards the list to the Governing Board for final approval.
- Successful candidates are notified by the Secretary between six and eight weeks after the deadline.
- General feedback is provided to the unsuccessful candidates based on the deliberations of the Membership committee.
Spring 2018 Application Deadline: March 1
our New Fellows
Spring 2017 Class
Fall 2016 Class
Spring 2016 Class
Fall 2015 Class
Spring 2015 Class
University of Ghent, Belgium
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
University of Michigan, USA
Tufts University, USA