Previous candidate VOTE NOW Next candidate
University of Bristol, United Kingdom
- University of Toronto (1985)
Years in Psychonomics
Service (editorial positions, learned societies, research evaluations, etc.)
- Editorial Board, Scientific Reports (August 2017 onward). Editorial board members serve as action editors for this journal.
- Digital Content Editor, Psychonomic Society (2014-ongoing). Responsible for the Society’s digital content at http://www.psychonomic.org/featured-content.
- topiCS in Cognitive Science (2016). Guest editor, special issue on Future Global Change and Cognition.
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (2015). Theme issue on Responding and adapting to climate change: uncertainty as knowledge. (Stephan Lewandowsky, Tim Ballard, and Richard Pancost, co-Editors).
- Journal of Mathematical Psychology (2012-ongoing). Consulting editor.
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition (2012). Special section on Theory and Data in Categorization: Integrating Computational, Behavioral, and Cognitive Neuroscience Approaches. (Stephan Lewandowsky and Tom Palmeri, co-Guest Editors).
- Australian Journal of Psychology (2012). Special issue on Neuroscience “versus” Cognitive modeling: Competing approaches or compatible levels of explanation? (Stephan Lewandowsky and Max Coltheart, co-Guest Editors).
- Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition. (1/2006-12/2008). Associate Editor (full time, 300+ manuscripts handled in total).
- Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society (Series B),(2008), 363. Special issue on cultural transmission and the evolution of human behaviour. (Kenny Smith, Michael L. Kalish, Thomas L. Griffiths, & Stephan Lewandowsky, guest editors).
- Journal of Memory and Language (2006). Special issue on computational models of memory. (Evan Heit & Stephan Lewandowsky, guest editors).
- Australian Journal of Psychology (1998), 50 (3). Special issue on mathematical psychology. (Stephan Lewandowsky, Mike Kalish, & John C Dunn, guest editors).
- Member, Program Committee, Conference on Climate Communication, Salzburg, Austria, September 2017.
- Member, Program Committee, SARMAC XII (Annual meeting of the Society for Applied Research in Memory and Cognition), Sydney, Australia, January 2017.
- World University Network meeting on Responding and Adapting to Climate Change: Recognizing and Managing Uncertainty in the Physical, Social, and Public Spheres. (with Richard Pancost and Tim Ballard). September 2014, Bristol, UK.
- SNF International workshop on Benchmarks in Working Memory, (Klaus Oberauer and Stephan Lewandowsky). July 2015, Vitznau, Switzerland.
- SNF International workshop on Benchmarks in Working Memory, (Klaus Oberauer and Stephan Lewandowsky). July 2014, Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Conference on Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation: Opportunities and Challenges (with Richard Harper and Iain Walker). March 2012, Perth (100+ attendees).
- Australasian Mathematical Psychology Conference (with Ullrich Ecker). February 2010, Margaret River, Australia.
- Symposium on Terrorism and torture: The media, psychology, and public perceptions (with Werner Stritzke, David Denemark, Frank Morgan, and Joe Clare). August 2007, Perth, Australia (50+ participants).
- Workshop on Concept Formation and Memory (with Lisa Nimmo). July 2006, Margaret River, Australia (25+ participants)
- Australasian Cognitive Science Conference (with others). April, 2002, Fremantle, Australia (100+ participants)
- Australian Mathematical Psychology Conference (with Mike Kalish & John C. Dunn). November 1997, Perth, Australia (40 participants)
- 23rd Annual Australian Experimental Psychology Conference. April 1996, Perth, Australia (100+ participants)
- 26th Annual Meeting of the Society for Mathematical Psychology (with Scott D. Gronlund & Herve Abdi). August 1993, Norman, OK (100 participants)
- Conference in honor of Bennet B. Murdock's 65th birthday. June 1990, Toronto, Canada (25 participants)
- Conference on Implicit Memory. August 1988, Perth, Australia (30 participants)
Summer schools and workshops
- Putting the Public into Science and Making Science Public. Workshop presented at the 59th annual meeting of the Psychonomic Society, November 2018, New Orleans, LA. (With Richard Morey, Cassie Jacobs, Laura Mickes, Joachim Vandekerckhove.)
- Summer School 2018 on Computational and Mathematical Modeling of Cognition (with Bob French, Klaus Oberauer, et al.). July 2018, Couches, France.
- The Digital Psychonomic Society: From Social Media to Clever Apps. Workshop presented at the 58th annual meeting of the Psychonomic Society, November 2017, Vancouver, B. C., Canada. (With Richard Morey).
- Scientific and Public Uncertainty About Climate Change: Normative and Cognitive Considerations. Workshop presented at the conference Kongress zu Klimawandel, Kommunikation, und Gesellschaft. September 2017, Salzburg, Austria.
- Summer School 2016 on Computational Modeling of Cognition (with Klaus Oberauer, Joerg Rieskamp et al.). July 2016, Dobiacco, Italy.
- Volkswagen Foundation Summer School 2014 on Computational Modeling of Cognition (with Klaus Oberauer, Lael Schooler, Joerg Rieskamp et al.). July 2014, Laufen, Germany.
- SNF Summer School 2012 on Computational Modeling of Cognition (with Klaus Oberauer, Lael Schooler, Joerg Rieskamp et al.). July 2012, Berguen Switzerland.
- European Summer School 2010 on Computational Modeling of Cognition (with Klaus Oberauer and Simon Farrell). July 2010, Mallnitz, Austria.