|Amsterdam, The Netherlands
10-12 May 2018
Press and Media
About the International Meeting of the Psychonomic Society
The Psychonomic Society's 3rd International Meeting of the Psychonomic Society will be held 10-12 May 2018 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The over 1,250 attendees are researchers who perform and promote the basic science of behavior in areas such as memory, learning, problem solving, action planning, language, and perception that connect with other fields of research.
The 2018 Keynote Speakers are Dedre Gentner, Northwestern University, USA John Wixted, University of California, San Diego, USA.
- Receive complimentary annual meeting registration
- One-on-one interview opportunities with attendees (Note: Psychonomic Society does not provide an onsite media/interview room)
- Admission to all non-ticketed Psychonomic Society sessions (See Registration Rates and Information for Ticketed Events.)
Journalists who are employed by accredited news organizations attending the meeting for the purpose of editorial coverage will be granted media credentials. To qualify, journalists must contact our digital content editor, Stephan Lewandowsky, or our executive director, Lou Shomette or and provide the following information:
- A letter/email verifying assignment to the meeting on the letterhead of the news organization being represented.
- Media identification (such as an international, accredited press pass or an official media-outlet-issued credential).
- Documentary film crews and video production companies must submit a written request in advance of the annual meeting no less than three weeks prior to the annual meeting that includes information about the company, the purpose of attending the annual meeting, synopsis of film/video/documentary, and information on the supporters of the project.
Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, and/or other electronic media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes may not register as media. Financial analysts, sales, advertising, marketing and public relations personnel may not register as media.
On-Site Media Guidelines
The following rules apply only to registered media.
Registered media are required to wear the Psychonomic Society's media badge at all times while on site at the annual meeting. All Psychonomic Society symposia, workshops, and poster sessions at the annual meeting are open to the media. Entry into sessions requires a badge.
Photography, Videotaping, and Audio Recording
Registered media are allowed to:
- Photograph, videotape, or audio record any Psychonomic Society press conference.
- Take photos (non-flash only) and audio record in the poster hall and in the session rooms.
- Video record in public areas of the convention center.
Members of the media are prohibited from the following activities:
- Taking flash photos during session.
- Taking photos of slide presentations.
- Taking photos, videotaping, or audio recording in the exhibit hall.
- Video recording any session room or in the poster or exhibit halls.
Disclaimer: Photos of copyrighted material reprinted without the prior consent of the study author/presenter is strictly prohibited.
The Psychonomic Society does not offer an interview room in conjunction with the conference. However, media interviews may take place within the confines of all common area of the convention centre based on Psychonomic Society approval and interviews are granted within exhibit hall companies’ booths, so long as the rules of the Psychonomic Society's exhibit hall are observed, including the prohibition of visual or audio recording devices as mentioned above.
Violation of Psychonomic Society Policies by Reporters
The Psychonomic Society reserves the right to bar, from this and future conferences, any registered media who attempt to obtain advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant, who deliberately promote the marketing objectives of a single company or institution, or who misuse media privileges to engage in activities other than journalistic pursuits.