Graduate Travel Award
|The Psychonomic Society will annually give up to fifteen Graduate Travel Awards for graduate student members of the Society. Each Awardee will receive a travel stipend of $1,000 USD.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the call for submissions has been postponed indefinitely. This page will be updated as more information becomes available.
- All current, Student Members whose dues are paid by 11:59 p.m. ET on
May 31 are eligible to apply for the Graduate Travel Award.
- Applicants must be the first author and presenter of a poster submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
The deadline is
May 31, 2020. Please submit nominations for consideration by the Program Committee so awardees can plan to attend and be recognized at the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Psychonomic Society in Austin, Texas, USA.
- Competitive Travel Award ($1,000 USD).
- A ribbon which is placed on their poster during their poster session at the Annual Meeting.
- A special notation in the Abstract Book indicating the honor.
- Honor that can be listed on the student’s vita.
The Chair of the Program Committee, as well as two additional members of the Governing Board, are appointed by the Chair of the Governing Board for a one-year term on the committee. The Chair of the committee will appoint four non-Governing Board members for staggered three-year terms.
The Program Committee members review each nomination and make their recommendation to the Chair who then forwards the list to the Governing Board for final approval.
Successful candidates are notified by the Society between six and eight weeks after the deadline.