Amsterdam, The Netherlands
10-12 May 2018
Guidelines for Spoken Presentations
Your presentation is part of a session with other talks in the same or similar area of research.
- If you submitted your talk as part of a special session, you should be scheduled with the other speakers in that session with a designated chair.
Prepare your presentation using the following guidelines.
Keeping Psychonomic Time
All spoken papers are 15 minutes in length, followed by a formally scheduled five-minute discussion period.
Session chairs and speakers should only start a talk at the scheduled time. If talks begin before the scheduled time, attendees may miss your presentation. Keeping Psychonomic Time also means ending on time. If a speaker doesn't finish on time, session chairs should ask the speaker to conclude the presentation so the next talk can begin at the scheduled time.
Preparing Your Slides
- Your slides will look their best, created with a landscape orientation (16:9 format ratio).
- Instructions for changing the format of your presentation is here.
- Fonts may be different in the Mac and PC environment. Consider using common fonts like:
- For symbols:
- Image formats should be JPEG or GIF.
Each session room will have a standard audio-visual equipment, including:
- One Windows laptop
- Sound equipment
- A projector, screen, and remote control
- Please use the provided laptop and remote control to operate your slides. This will make it easier to stay on Psychonomic Time. If your presentation requires use of your personal laptop, please make sure that your laptop has an HDMI connection. The venue may not have other connectors available.
- Contact the PS Meeting Secretariat before the conference if you require special audio-visual equipment. When possible, the PS Meeting Secretariat will work with the venue staff to accommodate special requests but cannot guarantee that every request can be fulfilled. If your requested equipment cannot be provided, making the request before the meeting will allow you to adapt your slides to the equipment available.
- All presentations should be pre-loaded on the provided laptop before the session begins. Presentations will be deleted at the end of the meeting.
- Bring your final presentation to the session on a USB memory stick to transfer it to the provided laptop.
The Day You Present
- On the day of your presentation, please upload and preview your slides in the room for your session to make sure they appear correctly. You can do this early in the morning before the start of the program or during the coffee and lunch breaks.
- Meet your session’s chair 10 minutes before the session starts in the meeting room.
- When speaking, make sure to face the microphone for good-quality sound.
- Venue staff will be nearby for assistance.
PS Meeting Secretariat
+31 (0)88 08 98 101
Congress by design
P.O. Box 77
3480 DB Harmelen