Press & Media
the COVID-19 pandemic changes how we connect, live, and learn, the
Psychonomic Society leadership continues to plan for an annual meeting
November 19-22. We are pleased to announce that this year's meeting will
include a virtual component, and all paper and poster presenters will
be given the option to present their research remotely. We hope to be
able to have a physical meeting at the same time in Austin, Texas, USA.
Whether the inclusion of a physical meeting (resulting in a hybrid
meeting) will be possible depends on the future course of the pandemic
and on institutional, state, local, and national policies regarding
social distancing and travel. Keep tabs on our website for the latest
FAQs and more info.
About the Annual Meeting
The Psychonomic Society's 61st Annual Meeting will be held November 19-22, 2020 in Austin, Texas, USA.
The more than 2,400 attendees are researchers who perform and promote the basic science of behavior in areas such as memory, learning, problem solving, action planning, language, and perception that
connect with other fields of research.
The 2020 Keynote Speaker
is Lynn Hasher, University of Toronto, Canada. The keynote will occur on Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. (time subject to change).
- Receive complimentary annual meeting registration
- One-on-one interview opportunities with attendees (Note: Psychonomic Society does not provide an onsite media/interview room)
- Admission to all non-ticketed Psychonomic Society sessions (See Registration Rates and Information for Ticketed Events.)
Journalists who are employed by accredited news organizations attending the meeting for the purpose of editorial coverage will be granted media credentials. To qualify, journalists must contact our digital content editor, Laura Mickes, or our executive director,
Lou Shomette and provide the following information:
- A letter/email verifying assignment to the meeting on the letterhead of the news organization being represented.
- Media identification (such as an international, accredited press pass or an official media-outlet-issued credential).
- Documentary film crews and video production companies must submit a written request in advance of the annual meeting no less than three weeks prior to the annual meeting that includes information about the company, the purpose of attending the annual meeting, synopsis of film/video/documentary, and information on the supporters of the project.
Companies or organizations producing publications, videos, and/or other electronic media intended for internal use, marketing, advertising, financial analysis, or public relations purposes may not register as media. Financial analysts, sales, advertising, marketing and public relations personnel may not register as media.
Onsite Media Guideline
The following rules apply only to registered media. All other meeting attendees are required to adhere to the general Meeting Rules and Regulations.
Registered media are required to wear the Psychonomic Society's media badge at all times while on site at the annual meeting. All Psychonomic Society symposia, workshops, and poster sessions at the annual meeting are open to the media. Entry into sessions requires a badge.
Photography, Videotaping, and Audio Recording
Registered media are allowed to:
- Photograph, videotape, or audio record any Psychonomic Society press conference.
- Take photos (non-flash only) and audio record in the poster hall and in the session rooms.
- Video record in public areas of the convention center.
Members of the media are prohibited from the following activities:
- Taking flash photos during session.
- Taking photos of slide presentations.
- Taking photos, videotaping, or audio recording in the exhibit hall.
- Video recording any session room or in the poster or exhibit halls.
Disclaimer: Photos of copyrighted material reprinted without the prior consent of the study author/presenter is strictly prohibited.
The Psychonomic Society does not offer an interview room in conjunction with the conference. However, media interviews may take place within the confines of all common area of the hotel based on Psychonomic Society approval and interviews are granted within exhibit hall companies’ booths, so long as the rules of the Psychonomic Society's exhibit hall are observed, including the prohibition of visual or audio recording devices as mentioned above.
Violation of Psychonomic Society Policies by Reporters
The Psychonomic Society reserves the right to bar, from this and future annual conferences, any registered media who attempt to obtain advertising or subscriptions from any exhibitor or registrant, who deliberately promote the marketing objectives of a single company or institution, or who misuse media privileges to engage in activities other than journalistic pursuits.