Donate | Join/Renew | Print Page | Contact Us | Report Abuse | Sign In
Share |
59th Annual MeetingFleur de LisNovember 15-18 - New Orleans



Keynote Address


Special Events

Affiliate Meetings

Mobile App


Hotels & Venue

Family Care Grants


Explore New Orleans

Exhibits & Sponsors

Press & Media

2018 Program Committee

Future Meetings

Past Meetings


Travel to the United States

A foreign national or alien entering the U.S. is generally required to present a passport and valid visa issued by a U.S. Consular Official, unless they are a citizen of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program, or are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a citizen of Canada.

The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows foreign nationals from certain countries to be admitted to the U.S. under limited conditions and for a limited time without obtaining a visa. The foreign national must arrive on an approved carrier (if coming by air or sea), staying no more than 90 days, for pleasure/medical purposes/business, and be able to prove they are not inadmissible. The foreign national is still required to have a passport. The foreign national who has not obtained approval through Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) should expect to be denied boarding on any air, land, or sea carrier bound for the United States.

To obtain a list of countries eligible and VWP passport requirements for the Visa Waiver Program, please visit

Citizens of Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda

Citizens of Canada traveling to the United States do not require a nonimmigrant visa if they are traveling directly from Canada for the purposes of visiting, tourism, and temporary business travel purposes. However, all Canadians entering the United States by air are required to have a valid passport. Canadians entering the United States by land or sea must have a Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant travel document. Additional resources for Canadian visitors to the United States can be found on the United States Embassy and Consulates in Canada, website

Citizens and permanent residents of Mexico, including children, are required to present a passport with a nonimmigrant visa or border crossing card, known as a "laser visa" to cross the United States border. The Border Crossing Card, Form DSP-150 is a biometric, machine readable card that is a combined visitor B1-B2 visa/Border Crossing Card. This requirement applies to SENTRI program members as well.

Citizens of Bermuda traveling to the United States do not require a nonimmigrant visa for travel up to 180 days. Additionally, these citizens do not require a visa unless they are ineligible for a visa under U.S. immigration law, or have previously violated the terms of their immigration status in the United States.

For more information on entry and visa requirements for citizens of Canada, Mexico and Bermuda, visit  the DOS Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials at the port of entry have the authority to permit or deny admission to the United States.

For complete information on requirements to enter the United States, go to:

Obtaining a Visa

After identifying that a visa is needed, foreign travelers should contact the U.S. Embassy Consular Section in their country to determine visa processing time frames. For up-to-date information, access the DOS website.

The Society recommends the following guidelines for obtaining a visa for entry into the United States:

  • Request a letter of invitation to attend the 2018 Psychonomic Society Annual Meeting from PS, approximately four months prior to the meeting.

  • Apply early. The visa application process takes three to four months to complete.

  • Applicants should present their entire trip itinerary, including travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application.

  • If completion of travel plans is contingent upon early approval of the visa application, specify this at the time of the application.

  • Provide proof of scientific status. 

  • Provide meeting website URL and letter of invitation.

  • Provide evidence that you intend to return to your country of residence; applicants should provide proof of "binding," or sufficient ties to their home country or permanent residence abroad. This may include documentation of:

    • Family ties in home country or country of legal permanent residence

    • Property ownership

    • Bank accounts

    • An employment contract or statement from an employer stating that the position continues after the meeting. 


Requesting a Letter of Invitation from the Psychonomic Society

To request a Letter of Invitation from the Psychonomic Society, please email us.

Travel to New Orleans

Transportation Centers

Union Passenger Terminal (Amtrak) – 0.3 miles

Port of New Orleans – 3 miles

Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport – 15 miles



For your convenience, the Hyatt Regency New Orleans offers premium valet services.


Short-Term Hourly Valet Rates

0-1 Hour       -       $10 USD

1-2 Hours      -       $15 USD

2-4 Hours      -       $22 USD

4-10 Hours    -       $30 USD

10+ Hours     -       $40 USD

Standard Overnight Parking - $40 + tax

Fuel Economy Vehicles Overnight - $30 +tax


In addition to the hotel’s valet, there are also several nearby parking lots (fees apply), including the 1301 Girod Parking Garage that connects directly to the hotel. (Contact Merit Parking at +1 504-561-0575 for confirmed pricing.)



Passengers traveling from the airport must wait in line at a taxi stand for taxi service. Taxi rides cost $36 USD from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) or French Quarter (west of Elysian Fields) for up to two (2) passengers. For three (3) or more passengers, the fare will be $15 USD per passenger.


Shared Ride Services

New Orleans has many options for Uber, Lyft, or shared shuttle services. We recommend you download all applicable apps ahead of time.

  8735 W. Higgins Road, Suite 300 • Chicago, IL 60631 USA
Phone: +1 847-375-3696 • Fax: +1 847-375-6449 • Email:

Use of Articles
Legal Notice

Privacy Policy